The entire Children’s Guild Alliance family mourns the untimely death of 18-year-old Simeon Mukuna, a student in our TAWS (Tranzed Academy for Working Students) program. Our sincerest sympathy and prayers go to Simeone’s family and friends. He was an excellent student and athlete and was an all-around great young man, loved by many. He will be truly missed. A GoFundMe link has been set up for the family to cover funeral expenses.
- The Children’s Guild recognized and celebrated the achievements of 400 remarkable students who are a part of nine education programs. The graduations, promotions, and passages not only mark a milestone for the students but also serve as a testament to …read more »
- WASHINGTON (May 17, 2023) – The U.S. Department of Labor announced TranZed Apprenticeships is among 98 of the department’s latest additions to the 205 organizations already serving as Apprenticeship Ambassadors. Ambassador organizations help the department promote and support Registered Apprenticeship …read more »
- WASHINGTON, DC January 30, 2023 – The Children’s Guild (TCG), founded in 1953 and celebrating its 70th anniversary, is a leading Mid-Atlantic nonprofit organization serving children, families, and child serving organizations dedicated to transforming the way children are cared for and educated …read more »
- Instead of focusing on how apprenticeships change lives and help people find themselves, how about what they can do for those companies and organizations that take them on? Today, many employers in tech, healthcare, and other industries are building their …read more »
- ANNAPOLIS, MD, October 31, 2022 – The Anne Arundel County Public School District has announced the appointment of Mr. Shae Johnson as the new principal of The Children’s Guild Monarch Academy Annapolis (TCG MAA), an International Baccalaureate® (IB) Primary Years Programme …read more »
- Another Level of Love, Compassion & Need! There is a much greater level of foster care needed and the need is growing. The answer is Treatment Foster Care (TFC. Treatment Foster Care, or therapeutic foster care, requires parents with specialized …read more »
- The Children’s Guild (TCG), one of the largest providers of charter schools, special education, autism services, treatment foster care, and family mental and behavioral health services in the region has announced the appointment of Chris Zimmerman as the new Chief …read more »