We invite you to take a moment and review this year’s Annual Report and learn about the many ways The Children’s Guild Alliance educates and supports children. It begins with putting kids first. Whether we are giving a student a chance to try new things or helping a foster parent care for a child with special needs, The Children’s Guild Alliance is addressing the challenges faced by today’s children and families.
Highlights from FY2019 include:
- The launch of Kids First, a movement designed to transform the way America cares for and educates its children. Our goal is to influence the leaders in our society to take the actions needed to give every child the opportunity to succeed.
- Thirty-eight high school seniors graduated from the TranZed Academy for Working Students program. Many of these students are continuing their education at some of the best colleges and universities in the country.
- The University of Maryland College Park selected The Children’s Guild Alliance to manage College Park Academy, a 650-student school serving 6-12th graders in College Park.
- A partnership with League of Dreams that gives our students the opportunity to experience the joys, challenges, and personal growth gained from playing baseball regardless of their physical or mental ability.
- The unveiling of a new name, The Children’s Guild Alliance, which pays homage to our founding as The Children’s Guild more than 65 years ago and creates a unified Children’s Guild brand.
We are excited to share our accomplishments and stories of success. None of it would be possible without our dedicated staff, our visionary board, our generous donors, and the support of countless individuals. Together we are making a difference in the lives of children every day.