The Children's Guild Family Help Center is an outpatient mental health clinic for children and their families. The center assists children and adolescents who have behavioral problems, emotional crises, adjustment disorders, mental illness, and other problems affecting academic, social and emotional development.
Specialized Therapeutic Services
- Diagnosis and evaluation services
- Group and family counseling
- Individual counseling
- Medication evaluation
- Medication management
- Individual and family counseling
- Help for students making the transition to the next school or placement
- Parent education
- School-based counseling services (Baltimore County and City, Anne Arundel County)
- Supporting educational success
- Referral to community resources
If your child exhibits the following behaviors, call 410-444-3800 for admissions information.
- Developmental delays
- Anger, aggressiveness and other behavioral problems
- Withdrawal or depression
- Suicidal thoughts or actions
- Unhealthy relationships with peers or adults
- School failure, chronic truancy or delinquency
- Parent-child issues with divorce, separation or communication
The Family Help Center in located at The Children's Guild Baltimore campus (6802 McClean Blvd.) and provides school-based satellite services at schools in Baltimore and Anne Arundel counties.
Martin Blvd. Elementary
Oliver Beach Elementary
Victory Villa Elementary
Anne Arundel County:
Tyler Heights Elementary
West Annapolis Elementary
The center is open days and evenings, and weekends by appointment. A licensed professional is available by phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week for emergencies.
The center accepts most private insurance plans and the Health Choice Program (medical assistance), or it can provide services directly on a sliding fee-scale basis.